1. The company must be incorporated in Malaysia.
2. More than 50.0% of the share of the company is owned by Malaysian (except for Outstanding Achievers Award non-Malaysia category and ASEAN Enterprise Award).
3. The company must not be a public listed company (except for Outstanding Achievers Award) or approved for public listing as of 30 September 2018.
4. Less than 50.0% of the share of the company is owned by a public listed company
5. The company must involve in legitimate businesses with annual gross turnover below RM200 million for the financial year ended 2016.
6. For company with same owners, group proforma consolidated account is acceptable with the condition that the company or group should be in a single or similar business.
7. The company must be in business for at least three (3) years (except for Rising Star Award)